Thursday, June 21, 2007

Open House

Over the past six weeks I've been drilling my kids with repetitive oral questions, monotonous readings and 'man-I-hate-these' songs. All in preparation for today's open house.

Each of the kids' parents came into watch the presentation of their skills. Each student had to demonstrate their reading, conversation, listening and speaking skills.

After the kids did their half hour plus presentation, they were shooed away and I stayed and answered 45 minutes of questions from the parents. It is nice to have the parents so concerned about their child's education. The principal knows how important these events are and puts an almost undue amount of emphasis on them.

All went well though and it is nice to have the weight of that event off my shoulders. Other teachers have their open houses this week and next.

No comments: