Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Bills, Bills, Bills

Bills, bills, bills. It is that time of month again. The roommates and ex-roommates had better cough up.

Utilities are cheap here and as that is the only expense we pay for our living situation, I really don't mind. The total bills for our apartment are approximately the same as what I was paying for my utilities in rural Montana.

Phone and Internet runs about $35 which is mostly the Internet charge because we rarely use the phone. Gas is between $30 and $4o a month. The water/electricity/maintenance is rolled into one and that can vary from $175 to a whopping $310. Split three or four ways it really isn't bad.

All the bills are paid at the bank. I can walk up to the teller bills and money in hand and she'll file my payment and mark the account paid. It is a pretty slick system. Sometimes it is a little challenging finding time to make it to the bank but over all it is very easy and effective.I have to take my bills to two different banks but fortunately the banks are right across the street from each other and both are a block from the school. Despite my inability to read or speak Korean I can easily take care of the bills.

Are bills something you dread?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Three "Nevers"

Never squat with your spurs on.

Never slap a man who is chewing tobacco.

Never kick a cow chip on a hot day.

Anonymous said...

Oh, do I ever! However being able to pay online has made the whole process much easier! No envelopes, stamps, or trips to the post office1

Anonymous said...

Hope your flights are not routed thru Shanghai, China. A Typhoon is headed that way.

Anonymous said...

Another Never

Never miss a good chance to shut up