Monday, September 03, 2007

Sore Calves

That hike yesterday really did me in. I went to bed early and woke up with calf muscles that were screaming to be stretched out. I was woken up by the door bell at 6:30 in the morning. I was expecting it but it was still jarring. Our boss delivered a new member to the teaching staff whose plane got in at 5am. For the next two weeks we'll actually have seven staff members. Wow!

My aforementioned problems might soon be resolved. I don't want to get my hopes up. Apparently, a place to live is not part of her contract. They only allow her to live in the apartments 'if there is room'. Once we have a full staff (shortly), there won't be any room.

We are in the process of getting our visas for our trip to China. It only takes four days to secure the visa but it costs $100. That seems a little steep especially since it is a fee applied only to Americans. Other nationals wanting to visit China can expect to pay $30, $60, 0r $90 depending on desired length of stay. I'm not sure I've ever been discriminated against for being American. First time for everything I guess.

What have you been discriminated against for?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Being a father!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!