Friday, October 26, 2007

Mrs. Lee's Project

We had a busy week this week with our open houses and parents coming into the school all week. On top of that, it is curriculum writing week where we do all of our lesson plans and make our curriculum books for the upcoming month. I'm pulling double duty trying to get my November and December stuff done.

So, what better time to refurbish the school? I should have guessed it was coming. Mrs. Lee has been walking around with contractors for the past few weeks. Don't get me wrong...the school definitely needs it, but why do it during one of the busiest times of the year? Did she think there was a lack of undue stress on the teaching staff?

At first they were just going to paint the main lobby. Easy enough. Then it turned into the lobby and the gym. Then it turned into the lobby, gym and offices. Before long the entire school was fair game to contractors ripping down classroom decorations and reorganizing our curriculum books in a helter-skelter way.

We had to stay late and safe guard anything we didn't want paint on or things we didn't want thrown away. The school looks bare right now. I took some 'before' shots to show the school in this gutted stage. Stay tuned for the 'after' shots coming this next week.
Earlier in the week they wallpapered the doors and trim. I can't say I approve of Mrs. Lee's color coordination but then Koreans do have an interesting sense of fashion. I guess anything looks better than scuff marks and torn wallpaper though.

What is your latest remodeling project?

No comments: