Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Standardized Tests

I thought I could escape the Iowa Tests of Basic Skills by moving to Korea.

Apparently they have similar standardized tests here too. I am surprised that the government mandates that even private academies submit to the tests.

Today, tomorrow and Friday, students will be taking the practice tests. Then, the first week of June will be the 'real' tests. We get a few teaching periods off because the kids are testing. It is kind of nice, but we have to stick around the school in case they change the schedule. Maybe if the kids do well, we'll get a raise. (Keep dreaming!)

Sorry for the lack of pictures in this weeks' posts. Either things haven't been picture worthy, I'm getting lazy, or I just forget to get my camera out. Next week promises to improve because we have an exciting weekend planned.

No comments: