Monday, April 30, 2007

War!!

Ages ago I mentioned something to my co-workers about how much fun it would be to start practical joking in the office. I didn't think much of it after that until one of my co-workers started blaming me for every missing or misplaced item.

I hadn't taken anything! Turns out her students are kleptomaniacs. She insisted that it was me. Come to find out, she is a bit of a practical joker herself and was just egging me on. Well, two can play at this game. I started simply by hiding her scissors. (Arts and crafts with her kids must have been interesting without scissors.)

She retaliated by putting soap in my hand sanitizer. War has been declared!
I had been planning it for quite a while but my next move was to confiscate her pencil sharpener. Taking my cue from The Office, I put her pencil sharpener suspended in a jello mold. She clearly was not happy...but for the most part was a good sport. Her next strike was to put tape on my chair and fill my water bottle with the jello. I caught the tape, but without my water bottle, I was thirsty all day.

I think I am a point up because I proceeded to systematically reverse every thing on her desk and on her shelves to make a mirror image. It didn't take that long but caused problems for her the rest of the day (her Monday folders were in the Friday spot...etc.).

The battles might get bloody later on because this was only day two of the practical joke war. If you have any good practical jokes I could add to my arsenal, please leave a comment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you and your developing skills! A few more ideas: Icy/Hot on the toilet seat, fill shoes with water and then stick them in the freezer for a real pick-me-up, soak toothbrush in a garlic-y paste, kool-aid powder on the bath towl, take important working parts out of all the pens you teachers love to use, loosen all the bolts and screws of the office chair...hmmm..I will think of more.