Friday, January 05, 2007

Burberry Obsession

It would be easy to surmise that the whole of South Korea was obsessed with Burberry. The signature checked pattern can be seen everywhere from scarves and luggage to skirts and handbags worn and carried as a bit of camouflage. With so much of the pattern everywhere in the city, you could easily blend into your surroundings.

I feel slightly out of place because I have nothing of Burberry design (I do like the cologne...Burberry Brit and Burberry London are my scents of choice). As a tall American I stick out in a crowd enough as it is. I guess not having any Burberry clothing isn't that big of a deal.

This is only an observational statement, but I believe that Burberry Korea is doing very well. The branch of the London based business seems to have hit a core market with the Koreans. I will have to investigate more to understand this obsession.

No comments: