Thursday, February 08, 2007

Aloe juice?

Sick again!!! I was just bragging to a friend this past weekend how I was finally healthy. God always knows how to humble me. I think he is also a really big fan of "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger."

I've used the last of my NyQuil reserves that I brought with me from the States and DayQuil just doesn't have the same one, two punch effect on me that NyQuil does.

I've been forced to try some other 'remedies'.

I keep my hydration level up by drinking Aloe Vera juice. Interesting concept. Back home Aloe was a common ingredient in things like lotion but here they just skip the external application. It tastes sweet and has real chunks of aloe in it. If you want to try it, just break a piece off an aloe plant near you.

I overload myself with the powerful antioxidants found in Vitamin C. When I've been used to taking a pill or chewable tablet, Koreans get their Vitamin C in liquid form so drink up. It isn't exactly Flintstones but very palatable.

I stave off the sore throat by overdosing on Halls cough drops. They are only a $1 per pack. (I don't remember how much they are back home but a $1 seems cheap.) For what pain the cough drops can't suppress, I down a couple of aspirin bought at the local pharmacy. Again only $1 per pack. Very cheap.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are the sickliest person on the planet!

-Marie

WF said...

Only until I develop the right antibodies.