Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Early to Bed, Early to Rise

I went running again this morning and was mobbed by an army of uniformed school children on their way to class. Students start school by 8:30 every morning and are often in class until 10pm. Education is really taken seriously here despite the attitudes of students while they are in class.

There is a school crossing guard just outside my building who dutifully waves her flag to stop traffic to allow students to cross. It works out well for me because I can time my strides and allow her to stop traffic for me too and keep pace in my jogging.

I follow the path outside our apartment that is used quite heavily though that is not evidenced in the top picture. The path follows a canal which the locals fish out of. Though from the looks of it, I think that even my brother (fisherman extrodinare) would have problems pulling a fish out of it. I'm not sure I'd eat anything that was caught in it.

No comments: