Tuesday, December 26, 2006

First Christmas Away From Home

It was just a brief respite from work but a much needed one. Tuesday and Wednesday we only had afternoon classes so it was much more relaxed.

Tuesday morning my boss took me to the immigration office in Incheon. I have to apply for my Alien Registration Card. This will be nice to get because then I won't have to carry my passport everywhere I go. They did confiscate my passport to complete the application. It is a little unnerving to be in a foreign country and not have your passport on your person.

The immigration office was really busy and so we had a long wait. I passed the time by playing "Guess What Country They're From" with myself. I lost. Whether from Malaysia, China, or Korea, Asian people do look a lot alike.

No comments: