Friday, December 15, 2006

Stress Relief

This week has been incredibly stressful for some reason. That said I don't think I've ever laughed so much (except during Turtle ceremonies). We always have a couple of minutes between classes and there was a birthday cake in the teacher's room from one of the student's birthday parties. In that short interlude, I bet a co-worker 5,000 Won that she couldn't eat an entire piece of cake in one mouthful! She took me up on it and this was the result.
The best part was that she had to go to class thirty seconds later, her hand sticky from frosting and her teeth and lips stained blue.
After work we indulged in a Korean beef dinner and a couple (okay several) bottles of Hite.
The evening proceeded with a movie night. The selections...Elf and then National Lampoons Christmas Vacation. Inebriated, I couldn't stop myself from the 'pre-laugh'. The pre-laughed is that unfortunate social movie viewing problem that happens when you know what is coming in the movie and laugh hysterically even though the current scene does not inspire that level of laughter.
More than anything though, I was happy to introduce my co-workers (some of which had never seen these classics) to the quotable quotes like:
"I like smiling. Smiling is my favorite." and
"Grace? Grace has been dead for thirty years......The BLESSING!"

No comments: